Creating an aliasEdit
Note: Alias creation requires a node running Nxt version 0.4.0 or later.
- With your Nxt software running, browse to https://127.0.0.1:7875/alias.html (or https://localhost:7875/alias.html )
- The Nxt "Alias" screen will appear
- Complete the form with the following entries:
- Secret phrase: The passphrase of the account that will own the alias (i.e. your passphrase!)
- Alias: The text that you would like to become your alias
- URI: The target text for the alias – web address, Nxt account number, telephone number, or whatever else you'd like
- Fee: Expressed in Nxt. Enter the fee you are willing to pay for this transaction. The minimum fee is 1 Nxt, but if many people attempt to claim the same alias at the same time, the request with the highest fee will "win".
- Deadline: Expressed in minutes. Enter the number of minutes you are willing to wait before your order is automatically canceled by the network.
- Click "Submit"
- The server will respond with a transaction ID in the "server response" box, showing that the transaction has been created on the network.